The CGE Ambassador Applications for the 2022-2023 academic year have closed.
The Center for Global Engagement ambassadors are a group of student leaders, both domestic and international, who represent the Center through events and programming. This may include welcoming international visitors and helping them adjust to life at Baylor, as well as talking to peers about study abroad.
- Welcoming new international students and serving as a peer mentor during Global Bears Week at the beginning of both fall and spring semesters
- Fall GBW Dates: August 15th – 18th, 2022
- Spring GBW Dates: January 11th – 13th , 2023
- Serving as a peer mentor for international students during their first semester at Baylor by serving as a resource to them
- Attendance at all monthly meetings and trainings, including Fall training which occurs before Global Bears Week begins
- Spring Training: Saturday, April 2nd, 2022
- Fall Training: August 12th – 13th, 2022
- Assisting with all local ISSS events put on by the Center for Global Engagement
- Assisting with at least 1 ISSS trip per semester (NASA, Round Rock Outlet Mall and Asian Markets, Texas State Fair, Fort Worth Stockyards, Texas Rangers Baseball game, etc.)*
- Hosting international guests who come to campus
- Assisting the Study Abroad office with outreach efforts to the campus community as needed
*Health and safety conditions permitting...
- Enjoy working with individuals from other countries/cultures
- Respect other individuals’ values, beliefs, and tradition even if they differ from your own
- Be flexible and patient as schedules tend to change and new tasks are assigned
- Be outgoing and engaging and have an “Above and Beyond” attitude
- Be skilled at working in a group environment as a leader
- Previous experience studying or living abroad is highly valued but not required
How to Apply
- The application has closed. Check back in spring 2023 for information on applying for the 2023-2024 academic year.
- February 27th, 2022
Other Important Dates
- New Ambassador Interviews: March 15th-17th, 2022
- Ambassador Selection: March 18th, 2022
- Deadline for New Ambassador Acceptance: March 23rd, 2022
- Spring Training: April 2nd, 2022
- Email Brandon_Hoye@baylor.edu.