The Center for Global Engagement Ambassadors are a group of student leaders, both domestic and international, who represent the Center through connecting with students and planning events and programming.
Applications to serve as a CGE Ambassador are now OPEN for the 2024-2025 academic year.
Important Application Dates
- Application Deadline: March 18th, 2024
- New Ambassador Interviews: March 25th-28th, 2024
- Spring Training for New Ambassadors: TBA
- Enjoy working with individuals from other countries and cultures
- Respect other individuals’ values, beliefs, and traditions
- Be outgoing and engaging and have an “Above and Beyond” attitude
- Be skilled at working in a group environment as a leader
- Previous experience studying or living abroad is highly valued but not required
- Welcoming new international students and serving as a peer mentor during Global Bears Week at the beginning of both fall and spring semesters
- Fall GBW Dates: 2024 Dates TBA
- Spring GBW Dates: 2025 Dates TBA
- Serving as a peer mentor for international students during their first semester at Baylor by serving as a resource to them
- Attendance at all monthly meetings and trainings, including Fall training which occurs before Global Bears Week begins
- Fall Training: 2024 Training Dates TBA
- Assisting with all local ISSS events put on by the Center for Global Engagement
- Assisting with at least 1 ISSS trip per semester (NASA, Round Rock Outlet Mall and Asian Markets, Texas State Fair, Fort Worth Stockyards, Texas Rangers Baseball game, etc.)
- Hosting international guests who come to campus
- Email ISSS_Support@Baylor.edu.