Termination of SEVIS (I-20) Record
A Designated School Official (DSO) will terminate student records in the following situations:
- Absent from U.S. for five months or longer - Student out of the U.S. for 5 months or longer
- Authorized below full course time exceeded - Student did not enroll full-time when authorized reduced course load ended
- Authorized early withdrawal - Student requests and was approved to withdraw from academic program
- Expulsion - Student is expelled
- Suspension - Student is suspended
- Unauthorized drop below full course of study - Student drops below full time without authorization from ISSS
- Unauthorized employment - Student did not have authorization to work for any part of the employment
- Unauthorized withdrawal - Student withdraws without approval
- Failure to enroll - Student in continuing status fails to enroll full time
- Failure to report while on OPT - Student fails to report validation reports
- No Show - Student in initial status did not report to the school by the program start date
- Transfer student no show - Student did not report to the transfer-in school as required
- Otherwise failing to maintain status - Student fails to maintain status and no other reasons apply
A DSO will notify the student via the student’s Baylor email of the need to terminate the student’s SEVIS record.
When possible, a student will meet with a DSO to discuss the situation and the ramifications of such action.
The DSO will then confirm with the student via email the date and reason for the record termination.
The DSO will terminate the student’s record and enter any pertinent notes into the student’s record.