I'm Accepted...What's Next?
Congratulations on your decision to study abroad through Baylor University! Studying abroad is a life-changing experience and you are sure to have the time of your life while abroad. The experience of living abroad for several months in a foreign country, as opposed to that of being a tourist, will be of tremendous value to you from every point of view. You will grow culturally, linguistically, personally, intellectually, and spiritually. You will have the chance to go beyond sightseeing and become acquainted with another country and cultures.
How to Commit
Students must decide to commit or decline their approval by the deadline stated in their email correspondence. Also, students must be accepted by their host university or affiliate provider in order to participate in their program. Approval by Baylor is not a guarantee of admittance by the host program. For questions about this, please contact your Program Director.
Committed: Nominated or I'm Accepted, Next Steps Workshop - Mandatory
Now that you have committed to your study abroad program it is time to begin preparing for your study abroad experience. Your first step is to attend the Next Steps workshop, you will be invited to the workshop that applies to you in the weeks after the application deadline.
Pre-Departure Orientation - Mandatory
- All students studying abroad through Baylor are required to complete an orientation process that covers a variety of topics intended to prepare you for your time abroad. The orientation process begins with completing a mandatory online orientation course.
- Students will also be required to attend an in-person orientation during study days (days leading up to final exams) one semester before departure. Example: If you are going abroad in Spring 2024 then you would attend Orientation in Fall 2023 during study days.
- Please review our tips.
Back at Baylor
- Transcripts: It is YOUR responsibility to have your transcript from your host university mailed back to Baylor. Some universities will do this for you, but you still need to check with the transcript office to see if they automatically send it or if you need to fill out a transcript request form. Mail all transcripts to:
Study Abroad Office
One Bear Place #97012
Waco, TX 76798-7012
- Stay in the know by following BearsAbroad on Instagram!
- Get your pictures ready for the Photo Contest!
IMPORTANT NOTE: Students who participate in a study abroad not taught by Baylor faculty or in an exchange program their final semester at Baylor should not expect to graduate at the end of that term because differences in academic calendars between Baylor and foreign universities make it very unlikely that official transcripts with final grades will reach Baylor in time for graduation certification. For more detailed information, the student should contact the appropriate degree plans office.